Flag Day is celebrated annually every June 14 and it is the date to celebrate the official adoption of the American Flag. The way to celebrate is to display the American flag at homes and businesses on June 14, as well as celebrate at any local parades and festivals in commemoration. Here are five facts about Flag Day:
1. President Woodrow Wilson declared June 14 as Flag Day in 1916 but it is not an official federal holiday because the holiday was never passed through congress.
2. There are countless festivals and parades throughout the United States commemorating Flag Day across the United States annually on June 14.
3. Nicknames for the American Flag include “Stars and Stripes.”
4. Since its creation, the flag has been changed 27 times. The latest change was on July 4, 1960 to include the 50th state, Hawaii.
5. Flag Day has its origins in 1885 when an elementary school teacher in Wisconsin honored “the Flag’s Birthday” on June 14, taken from the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777, which defined the parameters of the flag to represent the new independent nation of America.
For the best self storage in San Diego, SuperStorage San Diego is the perfect location to store all your belongings in self storage in 92105. Staff is friendly and helpful, and they offer all important amenities needed for safe and secure storage. Call Super Storage San Diego today for more information at (619) 262-2828. Or visit the website at (http://www.superstoragesandiego.com/).